Monday, October 24, 2016

UConn picked to finish second in AAC, Cincy first; Alterique Gilbert top rookie, Jalen Adams second team all-league; Rodney Purvis snubbed ... again

AAC preseason coaches poll
(first-place votes in parentheses)

1. Cincinnati (6) 95
2. UConn (5) 94
3. SMU 76
4. Houston 75
5. Memphis 63
6. Temple 56
7. ECU 39
8. UCF 37
9. Tulsa 34
10. USF 25
11. Tulane 11

Preseason players of the year
Troy Caupain, Sr. G, Cincinnati
Dedric Lawson, So. F, Memphis

Preseason rookie of the year
Alterique Gilbert, Fr. G, UConn

Preseason all-conference teams
First Team
Troy Caupain, G, Cincinnati*
Gary Clark, F, Cincinnati*
Dedric Lawson, F, Memphis
Ben Moore, F, SMU
Damyean Dotson, G, Houston

Second Team
Shake Milton, G, SMU
Jalen Adams, G, UConn
Jahmal McMurray, G, USF
Rob Gray, Jr., G, Houston
B.J. Tyson, G, East Carolina

* — unanimous selection

I'm OK with Cincy being picked ahead of UConn. I even ranked the Bearcats ahead of the Huskies in my preseason AP Top 25, though to me, it's really a coin flip between the two.

Certainly agree with Alterique Gilbert getting preseason rookie of the year, as well. And more than fine with Caupain and Lawson sharing player of the year honors.
But definitely surprised Rodney Purvis didn't make first or second team all-conference, and that Jalen Adams was the Huskies' lone selection - as a second-team pick.

What surprises me is guys like B.J. Tyson and Jahmal McMurray made second team ahead of Purvis. I think Purvis is definitely a better player than both. They were able to put up nice numbers last year because they were essentially the whole show for their respective teams. Also don't think Rob Gray, Jr. belongs.

I would've had: Caupain, Clark, Milton, Lawson and Purvis on first team. Moore, Adams, Dotson, Tacko Fall and maybe Obi Enechionyia on second.

But that's just me.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Pricilla Prasanth said...

I cant wait to check out some of these blogs! I’ve really wanted to start learning more about cars and auto repairs lately and I think this will help a lot. I think it can save my family some money if we knew how to do some repairs at home.! Thanks again for all the options.

home spa services in mumbai

October 25, 2016 at 7:53 AM 
Blogger Unknown said...

Lost love spell,Marriage spell,Return back your lover like,Husband wife Ex Lover Call +2348156885231.

Am writing this article to thank Dr.Trust for the wondrous miracle that he did for me because he helped me recently to bring back my Ex husband. Thank you sir for your genuine spells. This is really incredible,I have never experienced anything like this in my life. Before i met you Sir, i have tried every probable means that i could to get my husband back, but i actually came to realize that nothing was working out for me, and that my husband had developed lot of hatred for me.. I thought there was no hope to reunite with my husband. But when i read good reviews about how Dr.Trust help others get back there ex lovers, make others to win big on lottery, cure of any sickness. I decided to give it a try and i did everything that he instructed me and i Trusted him and followed his instructions just as he guaranteed me in 48 hours, and that was exactly when my husband called me and come back to me.. I'm so happy for the good work you did for me. We are more contented now than ever. Everything looks perfect and so natural! Thank you so much Sir for your authentic and indisputable spells. Email him now for help {Ultimatespellcast@yahoo.com or Ultimatespellcast@gmail.com} call +2348156885231 Web site https://ultimatespellcast9.wixsite.com/dr-trust Thanks Sir for your help.

January 31, 2017 at 8:00 AM 
Blogger Amara carr said...

Are you in bad need of love spell to bring back your ex lover or reunite your marriage? Email Dr. Zaba for fast 24 hours solution. I had a problem with my husband a year and six months ago, which lead us apart. When he broke up with me, I was confuse and did not know what to do to get him back, I felt so empty inside. Until i came across Dr.Zaba on the internet on how He has helped so many people solve there various problem. I emailed Him and I told Him my problem and i did what he asked me to do for him to help me, to briefly make the long story short, Before I knew it, in less than 24 HOURS, my Husband gave me a call and he came back to me and told me he was sorry about what was going on between the both of us. Finally I am writing this testimony to offer my thanks and deep gratitude to you Dr. Zaba for keeping to your words and your promises in bringing him back to me in just 24 hours of your powerful spell casting, and for using your gifted and great powers to bring him back. If you need his help, you can email him at: Zaba24hoursspell@yahoo.com or call +2347087462033 Reach him through his Web http://zaba24hoursspell.wixsite.com/zabaspell Amara Carr from Australia

February 24, 2017 at 4:17 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home