Monday, January 14, 2013

Rick Pitino: "I'll Be Long Dead, But Kevin Ollie's Going To Be an Unbelievable Coach"

They're No. 1. No question about it.

Louisville's got choking fullcourt pressure, an active matchup zone, lots of answers offensively, two great guards and a dominating big man. It all proved too much for UConn, particularly in the second half, Monday night in a 73-58 Cardinal win at a nearly sold-out (14,287) XL Center.

Most of the relevant quotes and stats are here in the Register's game story. Otherwise, we'll leave the stage to a bespectacled Rick Pitino, who had some nice things to say about UConn, along with this cryptic quote:

"I think they have one of the premier backcourts in the country. I've said this many times, I think Kevin Ollie -- I'll be long dead -- but he's going to be an unbelievable coach."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home