Sunday, November 9, 2014

Video, notes and quotes off UConn's exhibition win over Assumption

Video, notes and quotes off UConn's somewhat "logey", 68-59 win over Assumption:

Daniel Hamilton on his impressive game:




(on team's overall energy on Sunday)

“I think we could have had better energy throughout the whole game. It’s just been up and down. I think we’ve just got to keep the light switch on, because when we play good teams, that’s not gonna be able to happen.”

Kevin Ollie:

“We had a couple of guys that played UConn basketball, and a couple of guys that didn’t.”

(on Rodney Purvis, who had five turnovers in 16 minutes and scored just six points)

“I think he was trying to go through too many people, he had a couple of charges, didn’t finish a couple of plays. That’s something we can correct ... He hasn’t played in 20 months. He’s gotta keep practicing, be coachable, work hard, let the game come to him a little bit.”

(on Hamilton's ability to pass the ball, see the whole floor)

“The first time I saw him play, I knew he had it. He has a point guard mindset, he can make passes. A couple of those lobs to Amida after spin-dribbles, he just has vision. He’s a great rebounder, a great player. Once he starts settling down and being more consistent on the defensive end ... I can’t fault in his game for the last two games, because his energy has been so great. He does a couple of freshmen mistakes that I can see. But other than that, his effort, his energy, the way he’s connected to his team, it’s wonderful to watch. He’s just gonna keep getting better and better, because he’s kind of obsessive about improvement. He’s in the gym every day, energy every day. That’s what we want from our basketball players.”

(When asked about Sam Cassell, Jr.'s ability to come off the bench)

“Who said he’s gonna be on the bench? How he’s playing, he’s gonna be in the starting ro’ soon.”

Ryan Boatright:

“I think the intensity wasn’t there, the aggression wasn’t there in the beginning. I don’t know if we see Assumption in front of us and we just can’t get up, or it’s an early game. I don’t know what it was, but we can’t have any excuses.”

(on Hamilton)

“He’s impressive every time we suit up. He plays extremely hard on both ends of the floor, and that’s all we can ask for. If you come to UConn, you play real hard, you’re gonna stand out.”

(on Purvis)

“I mean, I don’t really know ... it’s only two games, I can’t really judge him off that. I’m gonna talk to him. From what I see, I think he’s just pressing a little too much and he’s thinking a little too much out there, instead of just laying. I think he’s down on his confidence with his shot. He’s passing on wide-open shots to take harder shots, or he’s taking a charge. He just needs to relax and play basketball like he knows how to play basketball.”

Cassell:

“I’m just trying to play my game. Starting lineup or coming off the bench, I’m not worried about it. As long as we win games, that’s all I’m really worried about.”

“When I come off the bench, I just get myself going in the layup line.”

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous cheap nike shoes said...

Thanks for some other informative web site. The place else may I get that type of information written in such a perfect means?
I have a challenge that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the glance out for such information.
Look at my website can get them www.vipzapposshoes.com

November 15, 2014 at 1:20 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home