Saturday, February 16, 2013

Kentan Facey at XL Center for UConn-Villanova Game

Kentan Facey is at the XL Center today for the UConn-Villanova game. Here's a snippet of my interview with him:



Facey's Long Island Lutheran team beat Bishop Loughlin in its regular-season finale on Friday night and begin the playoffs next week.

Also asked Facey, who was born in Jamaica and came to the States in 2010, if he's heard from the local Jamaican community at all since he commited to UConn.

"I just saw dreadlocks just now," he said, pointing to an XL Center usher, "I wanted to walk over and ask if he was Jamaican ... I haven't really heard from a lot of them, not yet, at least. That's something I'm definitely looking forward to."

He's had plenty of support from the Jamaican community in New York over the past few years.

"They definitely have. It's been fun playing in New York with them around. They always try to support me in whatever I do."

As for UConn's potential next season:

"I think we're going to be a pretty good team to beat. With our guards, if they come back, they're going to have a lot of experience that the other guards can't compete with. That's something you gain over time, it's not something you're born with."

And on fellow UConn commit Terrence Samuel, the 6-1 point guard who was an AAU teammate of Facey's:

"He's pretty excited to come here. We were actually talking about coming to UConn before we had an idea this was going to happen. I'm definitely looking forward to playing with him. He's a great teammate. He tries to get all his teammates involved, and that's all you can ask for from a point guard."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home