Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Bonzie Colson: "UConn Hasn't Really Been Contacting Me"

Terry Larrier enjoyed his visit to UConn on Tuesday. He got to talk to Kemba Walker for a while, too, reports Adam Zagoria.

Also, coveted power forward Devin Robinson will visit UConn on Oct. 19, according to reports.

Finally, UConn has made Bonzie Colson, Jr.'s final list of nine schools. However, it didn't make Colson's first three official visits -- those will go to Pittsburgh (starting Thursday), Notre Dame (late September) and Miami (Oct. 4). Colson did say he'd like to make all five of his allowed official visits, and noted that Florida State has been coming hard after him lately, as well.

The Huskies seem to be biding their time with Colson, an undersized (6-foot-5) power forward -- perhaps waiting until other options like Larrier, Robinson or Abdul Malik Abu make their decisions.

"UConn really hasn't been contacting me," Colson, who made an unofficial to Storrs earlyl in the summer, said on Wednesday evening. "They wanted me to go on an official, but I haven't heard from them. I'm trying to contact Coach (Kevin) Ollie and Coach (Glen) Miller, but they're waiting for the right time, I guess."

It remains to be seen if that time may become too late at some point.

"I always wanted to go to UConn, it was always one of my dream schools," Colson said. "The two other (visits) are still open. I'm going to have to sit down and decide which ones to take."

Waiting until my visits are done, still talking to coaches now. I want to do my five visits, just for experience.



Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home