Friday, June 10, 2011

Another Calhoun in Storrs

While Jim Calhoun hasn't officially announced whether he's returning, there will be another Calhoun on the Husky men's basketball team in two years.

Omar Calhoun, a 6-foot-5, Class of 2012 shooting guard out of New York's Christ the King High, has verbally committed to UConn.

"Yes, I committed to the University of Connecticut,” he told SNY.com's Adam Zagoria. “After spending quality time with Coach [Jim] Calhoun and the rest of the coaching staff, Coach [Kevin] Ollie and Coach [Glen] Miller and touring the campus my family and I felt UConn is the perfect place for me to continue my higher education academically as well as athletically."

Another nice haul for the Huskies, who got a commitment on Tuesday from DeAndre Daniels, one of the Class of 2011's top forwards.

No wonder Jim Calhoun seems in such good spirits these days!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home