Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bowling (and Raining) in Anaheim


At UConn's press conference today, the moderator ID'd me as "the guy in the pink shirt" before my question to Alex Oriakhi. Kemba Walker found it hilarious, as did my fellow writers, who haven't let me forget about it yet (and probably never will).

For the record, the shirt is really salmon-colored, buddy. But I digress ...

These open practices are really just a formality, a bunch of shooting drills, etc. Here's some video of today's open practice, with Jim Calhoun chatting up Bill Raftery and the Huskies getting in some dunks and drills:



The Huskies held a “real” practice earlier today at 9:15 at Cal State-Fullerton. UConn had also practiced there on Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Afterwards, the team went out bowling. Inside sources say that Niels “Twinkletoes” Giffey is the team’s best keggler, followed closely by walk-on Kyle Bailey.

While the media was conducting interviews in the locker room, Roscoe Smith had us all laughing with his impression of Jeremy Lamb. Smith tucked his head inside his t-shirt and put an apple where his head should be. Translation: Lamb has a small head. Maybe you had to be there, but it was pretty funny. Wish I’d had my FlipCam rolling at the time.

Oh, and it's raining in Anaheim, as anyone who's not here probably takes great glee in. Though it is better than snow.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jeff said...

GAME DAY!!!!! I challenge you to say I'm not a TRUE UCONN FAN! Let's just hope Beverly doesn't fumble a pass in the waning seconds.

March 24, 2011 at 8:03 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home