Monday, December 7, 2009

My Top 25

Here's my top 25 poll that I submitted late last night. We say sayonara to Marquette and Louisville, even though I'm confident the Big East is still the nation's best conference. UConn drops a spot, to No. 15. Are the Huskies the 15th-best team in the country? You've seen them, I've seen them. Tough call. But it's hard to move them until they give me a real good reason to do so. Wednesday night should be a good barometer.

1. Kansas
2. Kentucky
3. Texas
4. Purdue
5. Villanova
6. West Virginia
7. Syracuse
8. Duke
9. Tennessee
10. Florida
11. North Carolina
12. Michigan State
13. Ohio State
14. Texas A&M
15. Connecticut
16. Georgia Tech
17. Washington
18. Clemson
19. Cincinnati
20. Georgetown
21. Gonzaga
22. Texas Tech
23. Florida State
24. Richmond
25. UNLV

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike I generally agree with your top 25 although I am not convinced that Kentucky is truly the #2 team in the country, I guess we will find out Wednesday. Purdue a good team with decent talent, is completely overrated. Ohio State without Turner is not the same team, unfortunate but true. I am still reserving my judgment on both Cuse and Florida, although I believe their assent in the rankings, from un-ranked to top ten teams is a bit comical.

Quick question: Do you actually enjoy covering the Huskies?

December 7, 2009 at 9:37 AM 
Blogger Dominic Frank said...

Unranked Wisconsin beats Duke and you have them top 10. Unreal, does the recent past have no place in your mind? Duke is not a top 10 team now or later. To drop them to 8 is laughable. UCONN had to play how bad to lose to Duke ? I'll give you Duke at #15 but nothing higher than that. What a joke.

December 7, 2009 at 7:04 PM 
Blogger David Borges said...

Actually, it's Dave, but no biggie: lotta Mikes on this beat.

Yes, I do enjoy covering UConn quite a bit.

December 7, 2009 at 10:18 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fault, I normally read your blog and Mike Anthony's blog in quick succession. My apologies.

December 8, 2009 at 4:21 PM 
Blogger David Borges said...

No prob.

December 8, 2009 at 9:02 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home